Friday, April 4, 2014

2010 BMW 328i e90 Sedan


2010 BMW e90 Sedan




2011 BMW 328i sedan e90

I picked this one up at the BMW Welt in Munich.

So this will be about the factory pick-up as well as the car itself.

I had a mini. It was awesome. I loved it. My wife asked me to sell it because it was too small. So I sold it. I leased a VW Jetta because it was cheap (sign and drive). I like the Jetta, but it just wasn’t me.  Every month a check the new BMW, VW, and Mercedes lease deals to see if there’s anything interesting. Summer 2010 BMW had a zero down lease special with the payment about the same as my Jetta. Awesome!  The search starts.

I called all of the local BMW dealers and went to a few of them. None of them would give me the lease deal. It was very frustrating. So I decided to expand my search area. I tried south and north. I found a dealer in Oklahoma City that would honor the internet lease special. Great!

I had to keep it cheap, so I the only option I paid for was an automatic transmission (so my wife could drive it). I got lucky because they were including leather, 17” wheels, and an iPod adapter at no extra charge. I ordered a white car with brown leather and an automatic transmission. 

Now the wait was on.

I think it took three months to build it. We made our plans and flew to Munich in October 2010. Rolf picked us up at the flugehafen and drove us to the Welt. We checked in and got some food at the reception area. Then we looked around and the exhibits and signed up for a factory tour. The museum was closed that day. Then our time came. Our advisor met us and took us into a private room to demonstrate some of BMWs technology. Then he took us down the staircase as my car spun around on a turntable. It was just wonderful. He went over all of the car’s features, gave us the key and let us do a victory lap around the welt. It was, again, just wonderful. We left the Welt and headed to our hotel.

We spent most of our vacation in Rome, with one day in Munich and one day in Saltzburg. It was a great trip and well worth it. A real dream come true. I even got to go over 100mph on the Autobahn.

Prior to owning this new BMW i had owned an e46. The e46 was fantastic, it really was. The e90, while a great car, can not live up to an e46. It felt so much heavier then the e46. Like 300 pounds heavier. And I think the automatic transmission sucked some of the life out of the car as well (my e46 was a manual). But the e90 does have a fantastic suspension and handled really well. It was almost a sports car and I drove it like one. 


The engine did not seem as smooth as the one in my e46. The engines in my e46 and z3 felt like turbines, the e90’s engine was a little rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment